Friday, March 11, 2011

I Enjoy Being a Girl

Ask any girl, and almost all of them will tell you being a girl stinks. I beg to differ. I think being a girl is great. I am a girly girl to the core. I paint my nails weekly. I love boys who sing and dance. I have a Yorkie named Izzie who wears bows in her hair. I have over nineteen pairs of shoes, and six of those pairs give me an extra height boost. I love glitter. I love doing hair and makeup. I love cheesy romantic novels. I love movies that make me cry. I love girls camp. I love Young Women's. I love being able to say "I am a daughter of God." I love hair curlers. I love the feeling you get when you know you look cute. I love the color pink. I love Disney princesses. I love jewelry. I love cheesy quotes. I love pretty dresses. I love lace. I love porcelain dolls. I love weddings. I love sister dates. I love to shop. I love girls night outs. Yes, there are some disadvantages to being a girl, but who would want to give up all the things I absolutely love that only come with being a girl? Not me! When you are a girl, no one looks at you like your crazy when you are up at 5:00am in a fuzzy purple bathrobe with pink curlers in your hair, painting your nails and belting Broadway so loud your neighbors are now probably awake. Being a girl definitely has more perks than disadvantages.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! I also enjoy jewlry and shopping and wearing pretty skirts! Being a girl is kind of fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love being a girl. The best is yet to come. You can't be a mother without first being a girl. I wouldn't trade being a guy for anything. Only girls understand the need to talk about absolutely nothing for hours. also. Love ya Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Allies, well said. I agree 100% and sometimes I think being a guy on their best days is worse than being a girl on our worst days...so I am super glad I am girl, how else could I dance around my room to my iPod in the mornings?

    ReplyDelete