Thursday, March 31, 2011

You Know, the Number 13 is Bad Luck....



Dear Water ski and ski rope,
My dad promised you would never hurt me. He said it was impossible. You proved my whole family wrong. Ouch! I fell in love with this great sport, and you viciously tried to rip my arm off ski rope! Not cool! I thought you of all things, the thing that lifted me from the depth of the waters so many times would never do such a thing! But I was wrong. As for you water ski, you are not off the hook either. You thought you could get away with this!? I really liked that piece of skin you tore off my face. When you left, you took a part of me with you (pun intended). I was not exactly ok with either of these acts of selfishness. I know it takes a special soul to be hurt by these two things, and the fact that I may be a first is not exactly a shocker, but really? Why me? As summer approaches, and you have taken some time to come to terms with yourself in the bottom of our boat all winter, I hope when we reunite at the waters edge we can be friends once again. I shall be anxiously waiting for summer sunshine so I can see you again. I hope we can make amends and get along better this year, preferably without injury.
Love, Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment