Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Crunch Week

Day 4
I hate crunch week. You know, the end of the term when teachers mercilessly pour out tests upon their stressed students. What I hate even more however, is my desire to not study. This happens to me every year at the end of 3rd quarter. I get spring fever and I would rather be anywhere but in school. I want to be outside taking walks, reading in the sunshine, running to maverick only to negate all the hard work I have done by drinking a Slurpee with my neighbor Abby, boating....the list goes on. So this brings me to my bad habit. I make it a goal every year to do my homework right when I get home from school, and do it straight through until its done. No distractions. This goal holds up pretty well right until about the end of 3rd quarter when I lose the desire to do anything educational. I find myself starting my homework an hour after I get home, then I get distracted by the inviting sunshine beckoning me to take Izzie for a walk. Then I come back in and my violin looks so much more inviting than the evil little half index cards which hold all the information I should have memorized by now. By the time I'm done it's time for dinner, lucky me! Then I realize I need to get my homework done so I can get to bed at a decent hour. This is when the stress starts. I could probably save myself from a lot of worry and moodiness, but I can't help it. So if I could get rid of any bad habit, it would have to be procrastinating my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment