High school! That's where I've been. How would I sum up my experience so far? May I express my feelings through a little song and dance...wait, that won't work, so I guess you're stuck with Shakespeare (Sorry, I know I'm a nerd). "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't." Hamlet (Act II, Scene II.) My thoughts exactly. High school has been a crazy adventure so far! Everything is so crazy, and yet, it makes it all worth while!
What makes the school so crazy you may ask? I guess it's just different. For example, everyone is huge. I have never felt so small in my entire life, but I have decided it's ok...as long as I'm not being stepped on. I have worn a dress once a week, and no one has looked at me like I'm insane. I can sit with different people at lunch everyday and have tons of friends involved in lots of different things, not just one "clique." One of our school sponsored activities included a swimming party at 10 o'clock at night. Dress up days for homecoming week are highly encouraged (pictures to come!). I get to take on a very difficult Shakespeare piece, and I am thoroughly enjoying the challenge! (P.S. if anyone happens to be interested, I would love some help blocking!) The atmosphere is a lot more laid back than Jr. high. Yes, there are teachers who are still very orderly and up tight, but most of the teachers seem to get that we will be more inclined to study and do our work if they include even a glimmer of joy (i.e. singing Disney songs while working on our math homework, taking frequent trips into the sunshine, sitting on the floor, constant "laffy taffy-esque" jokes, you get the idea.) Basically, I'm excited for the next three years!
No comments:
Post a Comment