Friday, March 2, 2012

Number 45

Go to the temple with friends.
You know those weeks (or months) where you feel a lot like a chicken running around with its head chopped off? For the past little while I feel like I've been running around like crazy just going, going, going all day long without stopping for air or getting very much done, for that matter. Then something amazing happened. One of my very favorite people sent me a text asking if I wanted to go to the temple later that afternoon. Did I ever! It sounded like heaven on earth. It did not disappoint my friends, it did not disappoint. It was the breath of fresh air I needed so much. It forced me to stop and think of nothing but my blessings, the scriptures, and my relationship with the savior. I needed that. I needed to be forced to slow down so that my thoughts could be redirected by the spirit. Min, Jacob, Derek, and I were able to sit in the temple for about an hour and a half and talk about the scriptures, life, the gospel, you name it. I cannot even tell you how good I felt by the time we left. I felt brand new. I felt like an old, wrinkly shirt that had been dry cleaned and pressed to perfection. I think that's the best feeling in the whole world. I love the temple so much. It's by far my favorite place in the entire world. It's the greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment