Play my violin in front of an audience.
Ok friends, I don't know why, but playing my violin in front of people calls upon some of the worst stage fright I ever get. I would rather give a talk in stake conference, or sing and dance in a silly costume in front of the whole school than play my violin in front of people. I don't know why. Shouldn't my violin be comforting? Like having a friend up there with me? You would think so...but it's not. It has quite the opposite effect actually. For some reason, this particular recital was especially bad. I haven't gotten this serious of stage fright since the eighth grade. Eighth grade! Funny enough, that was playing my violin on Trek in front of all the youth in my stake, but that's a different story. Maybe it's because the song I was playing was an absolute beast! Just look at it!
Or maybe it's because I'm a chicken. Who knows. Whatever the cause, it went well, now it's over, and I get to cross the first thing off of my bucket list!
Oh Allie! I would rather read my personal diary out loud on national TV than play piano in seminary!! I don't know why either...its just that crazy musical stage fright...oh such hatrid!
ReplyDelete