Thursday, February 3, 2011

Simple Joys

There are a lot of things I take for granted. Sometimes I just don't think about it. Today I tried really hard to think of all the little things that make me happy, and it worked! I took an ordinary day and turned it into a great one. Here's what I found:

1. My toes are hot pink. What more could one ask for?!
2. I love music! I can play the same song on my violin when I'm happy, sad, angry, and it will sound different each time. I can truly express myself through my violin.
3. I was able to listen to beautiful piano music from some of my dear friends today. They all did amazing, even though one is a "skipper" ;)
4. I remembered all the Seussical dances!
5. It was the 100th day of school and Mr. Preston doesn't really care what we do during English!

6. My dog looks really funny after she gets a bath.
7. I have poison dart frogs. How cool is that!?
8. Spanish Moustaches

9. 11:11 wishes. They are sort of magic.
10. Candy bars because I check the notes.
11. Finding really cool things in the scriptures.
12. My shampoo smells good.
13. Feeling the spirit
14. The car was warm this morning because my dad adventured into the cold to start it for my brother and I.
15. I didn't have any homework today. A first since school started!
Today could be a wonderful day or an ordinary day depending on how you look at it. Today just reminded me I need to always stay positive and find the good in my life. "Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away." Live life to the fullest! "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain." Always look for the joy in life, and you will always find it. The fact is, every day is a good day, some are just more good than others. We should always look for the good things, and never focus on the bad.

1 comment:

  1. I AM NOT A SKIPPER!!!!!! Ok, so I did skip some of the song... but it wasn't too much, right? you said yourself that you couldn't tell that I did it... haha just kidding. Allie, don't you love that we will just sit and watch a clock for ten minutes to make a wish and kiss it???? Candy bars... yeah, I liked that.... I got a Butterfinger!!!!! PARTY!!!!

    ReplyDelete