Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Wicked
Drama II... I love that class, a lot! It is my all time favorite class. It was made even better after auditions for the musical review. I was given the lead part in "As long as your mine." It is an all dancing piece, so we don't have to sing. Because we don't have to sing, we can throw some pretty awesome moves and lifts in. I'm especially lucky because I have a solo in the beginning, and a duet at the end! There is only one downside to this. The bruises. Parker Skousen is my partner, and I have to give him credit, he is a really good dancer. He makes my job really easy. All I have to do on the lifts is swing my arms and legs and keep the tension. He has the hard part. Unfortunately for me, I do have the painful part. He really does try to be gentle, I think the pain is just the nature of the lifts. All I know is I have bruises all over my arms, waist, knees, legs, wrists, and rug burn under my arms and on my wrists. I also think I'm going to dislocate my elbow by the end of this. He really doesn't beat me, but being thrown around, yanked, dragged, and other various lift activities can really ware one out. On the bright side, the dance is already amazing, and we still have three weeks to make it even better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is such an awkward song to dance with Parker to...jk but it is kinda funny :)
ReplyDelete