Wednesday, November 10, 2010
I Do Believe!
I was trying to find something to post about that doesn't have to do with Peter Pan, but nothing came to mind. This is because Peter Pan has been the complete story of my life for the past three months. When I close my eyes and try to think of something else, all that comes to my mind is that little boy and his adventures. All I can think about is how to improve my actors to make them more realistic. I'm a tad bit obsessed. It turns out all my hard work has paid off! Peter Pan has been a complete and total success. All the shows (except the darn matinee...) were fabulous. The actors truly bring the story to life. Even though I have seen the show in all the ups and downs, without costumes when Trevor is still Trevor, Taylor is still Taylor, and Sarah is still Sarah, the show has truly come to life. I have seen this show probably over 20 times fully run, and even more times through bits and pieces, yet when I watch, Trevor magically becomes Captain James Hook, and I can't see Trevor anymore. Taylor becomes Peter Pan, and I forget he is really Taylor in the ninth grade hall at school. I forget Sarah has a life outside the nursery and Neverland. They are real people to me, but they are not Sarah, Trevor, and Taylor. When they are on stage, they are Hook, Wendy, and Peter. The characters become real. They transform before my eyes. I truly believe! Imagination is beautiful! I almost forgot how to imagine, but this show has brought it all back to me, and I made a promise to never forget the beautiful world of an Allison Wonderland, my neverland, because you see, every child's is different, and "It's very nearly real."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yesssss! Thank you Allie!! This is great!! although I do not understand how I inspired it? haha I love this and I love you!:)
ReplyDeleteYou didn't. I just wrote because you asked me to!
ReplyDelete