I have been such a lame blogger lately, I know. And there was a lot that went undocumented, but oh well. I'm back now. :)
I've been thinking about this quote a lot lately. Sometimes I worry so much about the future. Especially with so many decisions and so much change that will be here very, very soon. It seems like I have to prepare constantly these days. I mean seriously, there are so many decisions I'm making today that could have a serious impact on future decisions and their outcomes. It’s quite the little obnoxious weight that never really seems to leave the back of my mind. And you know me, I'm pro at worrying. I should get some type of award, really.
But
after talking to a few of my favorite individuals, such as my mom, dad, and
Lesha Lou, among others, I have come to the conclusion that I just need to say
"What the heck!" and go for it. I need to just love and live my life.
Every minute of it. Because if I don’t, I know I’ll look back and think “What
on earth was I thinking?” I was thinking too much, that’s what! I’m going to
just go for it. I’m going to jump right in. I’m going to love life. I’m going
to meet lots of people. I’m going to get out of my comfort zone and say “Hey, I’m
Allie. Let’s be friends.” I’m going to run for student council in March. I’m going to work my tail off in track. I’m going
to try out for acappella. I’m going to study the gospel like I never have
before. I’m going to look goofy in front of all those people because I think it’s
funny. I’m going to study hard for the ACT, take it again, and be happy. I’m
not going to let fear of what might happen dictate what I do or don’t do. I am
going to live life as it comes, work hard, take chances, and I’m going to be
happy with it. I want to look back at
the end of everything and think “wow, I really knew how to live.” I am going to
be in love with my life.
Al- I love that you have this perspective. I was so afraid when I was your age to get out of my comfort zone and put myself out there (besides bball, but that was my comfort zone). I loved my life, but looking back I realize how much I missed out on because I was scared of what people would think of me. Go for it! I love you!!
ReplyDelete