Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Risen

     I know this video is kind of long and that you have probably seen it before, especially if you're in seminary, but I really hope that you will take the time to watch it again. I promise it will be worth it!

     I watched this video all the way through for the first time in Seminary earlier this week. I cannot even express the feelings that I felt, but I'm going to try. Close your eyes for a minute. You're probably going to feel silly, but humor me. Rewatch in your head all of the pain that Christ went through. Remember his face when he told his disciples goodbye with such perfect faith, knowing one of them was going to betray him shortly. Remember his face when he asked Heavenly Father if there was any other way for us to be saved, and he realized there wasn't. Watch as he washed the blood off of his hands in the river as he carried out the atonement. Watch as he is betrayed by a "friend." Watch as the crowds shout for his crucifixion, and Mary cries out in pain. Can you even imagine standing there watching that? Watch as he is mercilessly whipped, and a crown of thorns is pressed into his head. Watch as he carries his own cross through the mocking crowds. Watch as his hands are nailed to the cross without any sort of restraint while blood drips down his face. Watch as he prays for the wicked people who crucified him while his loved ones watch helplessly. Watch as after all of that, he finally sends his spirit back to Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ was no stranger to pain and suffering. The amazing thing is, he had the power to take all of that away. He did not have to go through any of it if he did not want to. Why would someone so powerful go through all of that? Do you really believe he did it for you? I just want to tell you he did. If you don't believe me, ask. If you ask with a sincere desire to know, and with as much faith as you can muster, He will tell you. You will not be able to deny the feeling of the love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for you. That is why Jesus went through all of that pain. It's because he loves you. He did it for you personally. He did it for me personally. He would have done it for just one person if that is all it would have helped. We are that important to him. If you don't know that for yourself, please ask. It will change your whole view of life and what's important to you.
     Now I want you to close your eyes again and see Mary enter the tomb to find it empty. See her turn to the voice coming from across the room. See Christs perfect, resurrected face. See how calm and happy it is. See the light radiating from his eyes. See the deep joy radiating from Mary's face as Christ walks towards her. Listen to Jesus testify that we have the same God, and the same Father. Isn't that such a contrast? Isn't it such a beautiful thing  to know that after all of the pain and suffering Christ went through, he was resurrected on the third day. He was at peace. He was able to see his loved ones and Heavenly Father again. Because of this, we can, too. Jesus Christ made this possible for us. Without him, there wouldn't be much to look forward to after this earthly life. Because of Christ, we know we will be resurrected. We know we will be able to be with our loved ones again. We know that we can live with Heavenly Father again. That is why we celebrate Easter.
     I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with all of my heart. I know I am here for a reason. I know I have things I need to do in this life that no one else can. I know through Jesus Christ, I can do those things. I know Jesus went through the atonement for me. I know he loves me. I know he really did live again. I know one day I will be able to personally thank him for it face to face. I can't wait for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment